UTeachEngineering is committed to broadening participation in high school engineering. Engineer Your World aligns with best practices for attracting historically underrepresented students as described in the National Academy of Engineering’s 2008 publication Changing the Conversation. The following chart shows how our student population compares with the U.S. population as a whole and with the population of engineering baccalaureate degree awardees.
Engineer Your World has been implemented with great success in:
- STEM schools, engineering academies, college preparatory schools, and comprehensive high schools;
- Single-gender and mixed-gender schools;
- Public and private schools;
- Urban, suburban and rural schools;
- Schools serving high-, low-, and mixed-socioeconomic status students; and
- Schools with and without large populations of English Language Learners.
2016-2017 Engineer Your World Schools:
“The Engineer Your World training is outstanding and better prepares the teacher for the course than many other engineering programs out there.”
– Jane Harkin, teacher at Archbishop Hannon High School in New Orleans, LA