Hello! We look forward to working together this summer.
Due to COVID-19, summer professional development (PD) will be held virtually. We will offer an intensive online training session this summer, provide just-in-time support throughout the school year, and welcome teachers to Austin for the in-person training that we’re known for in 2021.
This page contains general information about the virtual PD for Summer 2020. We’ll continue to share information as we have it. If you have any questions, feel free to email Lauren Cotlar or call 512-471-4706.
Professional Development Details:
- Dates: There will be two EDA training sessions. We will confirm your specific session in the coming weeks.
- Monday, July 20 – Friday, July 24, 2020
- Monday, July 27 – Friday, July 31, 2020
- Times: Please block out the full week of PD between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM CDT, Monday – Friday.
* You will not be in a virtual online meeting all day every day during PD. We will provide more schedule details as the PD dates approach.
- Location: The one-week, intensive summer training will occur online.
- Cancel travel reservations: Please cancel any other travel arrangements that have been made.
- EYW will cancel hotel reservations: All reservations made under the EYW room blocks at our partner hotel, Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum-Domain, will be cancelled on your behalf and you will not incur any fees. If you have questions about your cancelled reservation, please reach out to our contact, Simon Guertin at Staybridge, and he’ll be happy to help. Simon can be reached by phone at (512) 349-0888 or by email at Simon.Guertin@ihg.com.
- Ensure you have a computer for PD: You will definitely need a laptop with a stable internet connection and a webcam.
- Complete the pre-survey: If you have not already done so, please complete the required pre-survey. This should take 15-20 minutes.
- Submit a head shot and paperwork: Please upload these required items (listed below) to the UTBox Upload Widget or return them via email to Lauren Cotlar.
- Headshot (.jpg file)
- Photo release–you may have already submitted this.
- Participant agreement–please return this updated version, even if you previously submitted a participant agreement.
- Note, you no longer need to submit the safety waiver.
- Purchase equipment and supplies (if applicable): For information how to purchase supplies and equipment kits, please see the Resources Webpage here: engineeryourworld.org/resources (Password: EYW#1utatx).
- Details about supplies needed for summer training will be provided as your PD date approaches.
- Install required software. Provided at a later date.
If your campus is a recipient of United Engineering Foundation funding, please visit our UEF Funding page for details.
Check back here regularly for updates!